Katine Technical Training Institute (KTTI) is a Public Tertiary institution established in 2012 after being upgraded from a Youth Polytechnic, which started in 1958 as a local youth club. In 1972, the institution changed from a youth club to a village polytechnic under the then Ministry of Culture and Social services. In 2012, then Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology assessed the institution and upgraded it to a Technical Training Institute to offer artisan, certificate and diploma in business and technical courses. The institute currently sits on a 12 acres parcel of land donated by the local community. The Institute is located approximately 1 1/2 km from Tala Town. It is approximately 60 Kilometers east of Nairobi, off Nairobi – Kangundo road in Machakos County. The institute is mandated and fully accredited by the Technical vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA) in the ministry of education to provide training in Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in various courses at Diploma, Craft and Artisan levels. These courses are examined by KNEC, NITTA and CDACC.