REPORT FROM THE HOD-INNOVATIONS, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Innovations, Research and Development Department in Katine TTI embraces the overall vision “Innovation for self Reliance” of the Institution which is also entrenched in the Logo. The department nurtures innovators with a focus of Entrepreneurship development of the Institution, current students and former graduates. This generally strengthens the start up ecosystem.
The department is geared towards achieving the National Government goals of the Big 4 Agenda of Food and nutrition Security; Affordable housing; Manufacturing; Universal Health Coverage as well as Academic Research and Development. These are also backed by efforts to promote the Digital economy and adopting the 4th Industrial Revolution Technologies.
The Department has the following specific Objectives
- Working within the broad remit of the Institute Learning and Teaching Strategy to inform decision-making about strategically positioning technology-enhanced learning in the school.
- Developing and evaluating the impact of technology enhance learning on the student learning experience and advice on new programmes and development of new technologies.
- Attend and inform discussions at Research Conferences for paper presentations at international conferences.
- Promote research and Proposal writings within the Institute for presentation at International conferences.
- Disseminate and communicate research and development practices in the Institute.
- Promote creativity and innovations within the Institute.
- Assist in registration of patents and ensure the innovations re protected on behalf of the innovators.
- Develop the the Institute’s capacity in research and development.
- The department has commenced in a Versatile Data Entry System- https://tvetgraduates.site/ to link our graduates with the employer, their former Institute and the Minister of Education who acts as the Super Administrator of the System. The students are able to update their Academic Profile, employment history and apply online for jobs advertised by the employers in the system.
- The Department is ongoing undertaking a research on Tracer Studies of our former graduates which will be through by November 2021.The full paper will give appropriate recommendations to the Ministry, Employers, the TVET Institutions on remedies or expulsion of the curriculum, policy making, and employability of the graduates.
- The Institution has been active in Trade Fares where the students present innovations yearly competitively
- The Institution has an active e-learning platform- https://elearning.katinetti.ac.ke/
- The Institution has an active Website where all activities, future prospect, administration and HOD reports are updated- https://www.katinetti.ac.ke/
- The Institution has an active Face Book page for updates on activities and programmes
- The Institution will have some of the staff this year 2021 participate at the RVTTI 9th International Conference for presentation of papers to be held at Eldoret in June 2021.
The department has an Innovation and Research Champions per department as follows;
|S/NO||Name of Staff||Department||Email address|
|1||Mr. Kaunda Prince||Building & Civil Engineering||Princekaundaj@gmail.com|
|2||Mr. Eric Nyawata||Mechanical Departmentemail@example.com|
|3||Mr. Obed Zakayo||Electrical & Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr. Paul Njoroge||Information Communication & Technology(ICT)||email@example.com|
|5||Ms. Jackline Kyule||Businessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Ms. Peninah Yavi||Fashion Design & Clothing Technologyemail@example.com|
Thanks in advance;
Dr.Timothy Kilonzo,PhD-HOD Innovations, Research and development