- Announcement: Second Revision of Choices for 2020/2021 PlacementThe Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service wishes to announce that the online application system will open for the Second Revision of degree, diploma and certificate choices from Thursday, April 2, 2020 to Wednesday, April 15, 2020.The Second Revision will be open for all the applicants who, on competitive selection after the First Revision of Choices, have not secured any of their choices for placement to universities and colleges.The KCSE index numbers of these applicants are listed – see links above. We urge principals of the secondary schools whose former students’ index numbers are listed on the website to inform the affected applicants to revise their choices.In addition, students who did not apply through their schools and missed the First Revision of Choices may use this opportunity to submit their applications.The applicants will be required to select new choices from the degree, diploma and craft/artisan certificate courses with unfilled capacities, which are also listed on the website, and submit afresh.Applicants whose index numbers are not in the list on the website have already provisionally secured one of their choices, hence are not required to reapply. The outcome of their applications will be given after the conclusion of the placement processing.Application Guidelines
- Applications must be submitted through the KUCCPS Student’s Portal.
- Applications may also be submitted through the Placement Service App, KUCCPS STUDENTS, which is available for download on Play Store.
- More information including detailed application guidelines, institutions, available programmes, minimum subject requirements and previous cut-off points are available on the Portal.Application Support
- In light of the Government guidelines meant to stem the spread of the coronavirus, applicants are advised to observe social distancing, avoid gatherings and follow the directives regularly issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Due to these Government guidelines, the Placement Service offices and Huduma Centre desks are closed to the public. The application process is, however, fully automated and applicants who need support to access their accounts should contact the Placement Service Customer Care through:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @The.Placement.Service
- Twitter: @KUCCPS_OfficialThe Placement Service staff will be reachable for support through the above contacts weekdays from 8am to 5pm.The placement application process is automated and applications can be submitted online from any location through mobile phones, tablets and computers connected to the Internet. Applicants are advised to observe the deadline as late applications will not be accepted.
- Online Application for the 2020/2021 Placement to Universities and CollegesThe online application portal will open soon for the 2020/2021 placement to institutions of higher learning.Application Guidelines1. To apply, login to the Student’s Portal – http://students.kuccps.net/ – using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.2. All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.3. You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.4. As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.5. Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.6. To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.7. After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.8. An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,0009. The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.10. You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.How to Pay1. Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu2. Select Pay Bill3. Enter Business Number 8202014. For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)5. Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
May intake ongoing , you are welcome to apply